Saturday, February 23, 2008

Natural Born Kilners

We are learning about ceramics this month...it's been very interesting. They insist on making jokes about the clay looking like body waste. Kids are so childish.
We watched a very informative video on making clay animals. At one point a student asked me what a bevel was. Before I could respond, another student helped out by informing him that his mama is a bevel. It's true though, his mother is a 45 degree angled edge.

My art club girls are making puppets for a contest. One of them came up to me to show me her creation. I marvel in the micro-braids and hip-hop attire covering the puppet. Her skin is a beautiful shade of light brown and she's smiling a crooked red smile.

"This is a nice puppet! Tell me about it."
She looks up at me with a huge smile...
"It's of my favorite teacher......Miss Jumpa!!!!"

I didn't stress realism in the assignment, so I can't really complain. Plus I looked pretty good in puppet-sized jam pants.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tasha said...

Yo mama is a robot and a bevel.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Asad said...

Your blog is hilarious. I'm planning to teach in Chicago this fall. Any words of wisdom?

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home