Friday, January 25, 2008

Texture, Rapping, and Such

We're currently studying texture in my art class. It's going over much better than my lesson on line. Lines=Borrrrriiing.
One of my 3rd grade classes did texture rubbings of found objects. One boy was really into it, furiously churning out page after page of textures.
Miss Jumpa: Oooh, these are nice! I see some ridges from a cup, some bumps from the sandpaper...what is this one?
*Picks up a full sheet of red, orange, and yellow mystery texture*
3rd Grade Boy: *Glances at sheet. Looks at Miss Jumpa*
Uhhhh, that's a swirling tornado of death.
*Goes back to work.*

After school one of my first graders ran up to me in a tizzy.
First Grade Boy: Miss Jumpa! I practice rapping everynight before bed! Listen to this!!! *Begins jumping around and flapping his arms*
My name is Jigga
I'm the baddest in town
If you try to touch me
I'll put you in the ground!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
*Looks at Miss Jumpa , breathless and proud*
Miss Jumpa: Wow....that's really good, Jigga...umm....keep practicing! *Pretends to hear someone calling her from the other end of the hall*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home